Doris and Bob Holloway Health & Wellness Center
The Doris and Bob Holloway Health & Wellness Center serves the LWC community and the citizens of Southcentral Kentucky. The HWC provides a plethora of recreational opportunities, including volleyball and basketball leagues, group fitness classes and swim classes. Named in honor of Lindsey Wilson Board of Trustees Chair Bob Holloway of Middletown, Ky., and his late wife, Doris, the 73,232-square-foot center is the largest building on the college's A.P. White Campus. The Holloway Health & Wellness Center - which is open to the college's students, faculty, staff and members of the community - includes an indoor, eight-lane swimming pool; recreation pool; 40-person hot tub; indoor walking track; Aerobic and dance studio; racquetball court; cardiovascular area/equipment; weight-lighting room (Machine and free weights); and three basketball/volleyball courts. Want to become a Member?
Contact us for more information, see tab below for membership rates.
Contact InformationHolloway Health and Wellness Center
388-398 Williams St.
Columbia, Kentucky, 42728
Hours of Operation(All Times Central)
Academic Year Hours
Monday - Thursday6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Summer and Break Hours
Monday - Thursday6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Sunday2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The facility is closed on the following daysNew Years Day
July 4th (may be extended for annual maintenance)
Wednesday before Thanksgiving (early close)
New Years Eve
HWC Membership Rates
- Individual Community Member:
$40 a month with 6 or 12-month membership
- Family Community Member:
$55 a month with 6 or 12-month membership
- HWC and The Pines combination packages are available.
- Day Pass:
$10 per day
- 5 Day pass:
- Senior citizen discounts available.
Natatorium/AquaticsThis state-of-the art facility is the first of its kind in Adair County and the surrounding areas, offering fitness, recreation, education, and competitive swimming and aqua opportunties to students, faculty, staff, and community members of all ages and backgrounds. As well as being home to the Lindsey Wilson Blue Raiders men's and women's swim teams, the natatorium also plays host to various wellness directed activities, tournaments, and games for students, faculty, and HWC members.
- Eight-lane indoor swimming pool
- Recreational pool with volleyball and basketball
- 40-person capacity hot tub
- Water polo
- Handicap-accesible ramp
- Community pool with a depth of 3 feet, 6 inches
- Daily Swim Hours
- Swimming Lessons
- Life Guard Instruction
- Various Tournaments
- Scheduled Parties
Academic Year Hours
Monday - Friday:12 p.m. - 2 p.m., 6 p.m - 9 p.m.
(lap swim only 11-noon on
Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
Saturday1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Summer and Break Hours
Monday, Wednesday & Friday12 p.m. - 2 p.m., 6 p.m - 9 p.m.
(lap swim only from 11-noon)
Monday-Thursday4:30 p.m., - 7:45 p.m.
Friday4:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Saturday10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Group Exercise Fitness ClassesIf you are looking to take control of your health, you have come to the right place! Our Group Fitness programs offer fun-filled high quality workouts like Zumba, Yoga, Cardio Kickboxing, and cycle classes. The Health & Wellness Center offers a number of classesthat can fit anyone's needs regardless of your fitness level, and have hired the best trainers and instructors to accomodate your fitness goals. The goal of LWC Campus Recreation Department is to enhance wellness, education, leadership, and personal skills by providing a healthy, safe and fun environment within a caring community.
- Ab Blaster: Quick, cardio-based abdominal workout.
- Booty Blaster: Motivating workout that focuses on sculpting thighs and glutes.
- Cardio Kickboxing: Fun and active class that utilizes strike based movements to upbeat music.
- Hard Core: High-Intensity workout with a focus on core and strength.
- Kid X: Fun and interactive way to introduce children to physical activity.
- Lunch Break Walking Club: A great way to "walk for health" in a group based environment.
- Nutrition Connection: A fun and interactive educational based workshop that covers a variety of nutrtion topics.
- Pump Circuit: Circuit-training inspired workout.
- Spin & Cycling: Exciting indoor cycling workout that simulates outdoor trails and mountain cycle rides.
- Water Aerobics: Low-impact, medium intensity pool woorkout.
- X Camp: Conquer every muscle group as you burn calories with fun and effective circuit inspired stations.
- Yoga: Relazxation, meditation, stretching.
- Fitness classes fuse Latin & pop dance rhythms with easy-to-follow moves for a fun, energizing, and effective workout.
Remember we all started at the same spot. You are not alone!
- Eligibility: All participants must register at the check-in desk before using the HWC
- Appropriate Attire: Nonmarking shoes must be worn on all hardwood floors. No jeans or altered clothing allowed in cardiovascular or weight areas. All swim apparel must be appropriate for the activity.
- All participants under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult member at all times.
- Participants ages 14-17 must be acconpanied by an adult in the weight room and cardio area at all times.
- Locker Usage: Lockers are for day-use only. No charge to use a locker.
- Parking: Parking is available on the north and west side of the HWC.
- Food and Drink: Food is prohibited in the HWC without a facility reservation. Drinks must be in a plastic bottle.
- Scheduling: Some activity spaces may be unavailable because of LWC intramurals, special events or athletics. The checkin desk will have a schedule of special events.
- Tobacco and Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol or the use of tobacco are prohibited. LWC employees reserve the right to remove anyone from the HWC suspected of using alcohol or tobacco.
RentalsThe HWC may be rented for private parties, practices, leagues, tournaments or other special events. Rental-request forms must be completed for all reservations. Liability coverage and a completed Facility Use Agreement required for all rentals. For more information about rates and availability contact the HWC front desk.
**Orientations are available at ANY time. Please ask the front desk attendant for more information
Camp CourageousOur mission is to bring adults and children with intellectual disabilities together in order to let them know they are not alone and help each participant reach their full potential. We ignore the limitations that can be put on people with disabilities and offer experiences that push the limits of what the outside world says is impossible for these incredible people. Camp takes place in the Doris and Bob Holloway Health & Wellness Center in the month of June every year. For more information or to register for camp, please contact:
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation and Intramural Sports Director
Phone: (270) 384-7390
Camp PoplarJuly of every year at the Wellness Center. Outdoor day camp for ages 6-12. Activities include swimming at the lake, trips to local waterfalls, camping, canoeing/kayaking, crafts, canning jam, and other outdoor themed adventure. For more information or to register for camp, please contact:
Director of Campus Recreation
Phone: (270) 384-7381