Tim Smith, MFA, Program Coordinator
W.W. Slider Humanities Center, Room 101A
(270) 384-8079 email@example.com
The mission of the Art program is to provide students with the
opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge leading toward
deeper appreciation of the visual arts, professional preparation,
and individualized creative expression.
Some courses taken for the minor may simultaneously fulfill
general education requirements. Please see the Graduation
Requirements (bachelor's degrees) section of this catalog for
information on the general education program.
Students should note that the minor may contribute up to 8 hours
toward the required 39 hours of 3000-4000 level coursework.
Program Requirements: 20-22
Along with the general education
program and a major, students must complete the minor's core
requirements and select program electives as indicated.
A. Core Requirements: 14 hours
- Beginning Studio: Drawing (ART 1214) -- 4 hours
- Design & Color (ART 2164) -- 4 hours
- Art History I (ART 2733) -- 3 hours
- Art History II (ART 2743) -- 3 hours
B. Program Electives (select two courses):
- Beginning Studio: Painting (ART 2314) -- 4 hours
- Beginning Studio: Ceramics (ART 2414) -- 4 hours
- Beginning Studio: Sculpture (ART 2514) -- 4 hours
- Computer Graphics I (ART 2623) -- 3 hours
- Advanced Studio: Drawing (ART 3234) -- 4 hours
- Advanced Studio: Painting (ART 3334) -- 4 hours
- Advanced Studio: Ceramics (ART 3434) -- 4 hours
- Advanced Studio: Sculpture (ART 3524) -- 4 hours
- Computer Graphics II (ART 3633) -- 3 hours
- Modern Art (ART 3753) -- 3 hours
A portfolio review will be conducted by program faculty prior to
completion of the Art minor.