Click to access the LWC Homepage!
print e-mail

When can I start?

New undergraduate (BA) cohorts start each fall semester, typically beginning classes in late August. . If you will have 60 credit hours  from KCTCS or another accredited college by the end of the summer semester, you are eligible to apply for admission. The application process is under way. Please see the Site Enrollment Coordinator to start your application and financial aid process.

Is financial aid available?

Because Lindsey Wilson is a private institution, we offer financial aid in the form of additional grant money  not offered by public institutions. Other forms of financial aid include the Pell Grant, College Access Program (CAP) grant and Kentucky Tuition Grant (KTG). Students are also eligible for Stafford loans, both subsidized and unsubsidized. STUDENTS SHOULD APPLY TO MAXIMIZE THEIR FREE-MONEY OPPORTUNITIES.

Students may also apply for:

KCTCS EMPLOYEE Scholarship (Full-time employees of KCTCS)

What is the format of the courses?

Class schedules are arranged to accommodate students with work and family commitments. For community campus sites, classes are offered in a weekend format. The weekend schedule for Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia sites is Fridays from 4:00-9:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. For sites in Ohio, the weekend schedule is Fridays from 4:00-9:15 Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 am - 4:15 pm. All schedules include a lunch break, which is 50 minutes at Virginia sties, and one hour at other sites. Classes should meet during the posted hours, allowing for a 10‑15 minute break every 60‑90 minutes. Any exceptions to the standard schedule are available from the Site Enrollment Coordinator for the particular community campus site.

For undergraduate classes on The Columbia campus, classes are available in the following formats: semester-long; eight-week modular evening classes; winter intercession; and summer session. Graduate classes in the SPC on the Columbia campus are scheduled for evenings.

How hard is it to apply?

We make the registration process quick and easy by using forms that can be completed in a matter of minutes. The Site Enrollment Coordinator, who is located on site, is also available to help students complete the forms, both for financial aid and enrollment. The coordinator will also travel to the working student so that he or she will not have to lose time and money by leaving his or her job site.

We make the registration process quick and easy by using forms that can be completed in a matter of minutes. The Site Enrollment Coordinator,

Are Lindsey Wilson College School of Professional Counseling Programs accredited?

Lindsey Wilson College is accredited by the Commission on College of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Education and Doctoral Degrees. Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097: Telephone number 404-679-4501). The master's program is accredited through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)

Both of these are the highest form of accreditation that can be obtained by a college or university. Both programs also meet accreditation curriculum requirements for the Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC). Additionally, LWC is the only School of Professional Counseling of its kind in the United States.

Feedback and CommentsSite MapDirections  
Every Student, Every Day
2008 Lindsey Wilson College
210 Lindsey Wilson St. Columbia, Ky 42728
Local: (270) 384-2126
Fax: (270) 384-8200
Toll Free: (800) 264-0138