AA - Program Requirements
Tim McAlpine, PhD, Chair, Division of Humanities & Fine Arts
Center for Global Citizenship, Room 106
(270) 384-8081 email@example.com
Tim Smith, MFA, Program Coordinator
W.W. Slider Humanities Center, Room 101A
(270) 384-8079 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time program faculty: David Edwin Meyers, MFA; Timothy W. Smith, MFA
The mission of the Art program is to provide students with the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge leading toward deeper appreciation of the visual arts, professional preparation, and individualized creative expression.
Some courses taken for the major may simultaneously fulfill general education requirements. Please see the Graduation Requirements (associate’s degrees) section of this catalog for information on the general education program.
Program Requirements: 33-36 hours
Along with the general education program, students must complete the major’s core and related studies requirements and must select program electives as indicated.
A. Core Requirements: 18 hours
- Beginning Studio: Drawing (ART 1214) – 4 hours
- Design & Color (ART 2164) – 4 hours
- Art History I (ART 2733) – 3 hours
- Art History II (ART 2743) – 3 hours
- Advanced Studio: Drawing (ART 3234) – 4 hours
B. Program Electives (select three courses from the following): 9-12 hours
- Beginning Studio: Painting (ART 2314) – 4 hours
- Beginning Studio: Ceramics (ART 2414) – 4 hours
- Beginning Studio: Sculpture (ART 2514) – 4 hours
- Computer Graphics I (ART 2623) – 3 hours
- Advanced Studio: Painting (ART 3324) – 4 hours
- Advanced Studio: Drawing (ART 3334) – 4 hours
- Advanced Studio: Ceramics (ART 3434) – 4 hours
- Advanced Studio: Sculpture (ART 3524) – 4 hours
- Computer Graphics II (ART 3633) – 3 hours
- Modern Art (ART 3753) – 3 hours
C. Related Studies Requirements: 6 hours
- World Civilization I: Prehistory to 1500 (HIST 2233) – 3 hours
- World Civilization II: 1500 to Present (HIST 2243) – 3 hours
A portfolio review will be conducted by program faculty prior to completion of the associate’s degree program in Art.