BSN Program Mission, Vision, Goals
Nursing Division Mission
The mission of the Nursing Division is to provide quality
undergraduate nursing education that prepares students for
baccalaureate-generalist professional nursing practice.
With the intentional and cooperative efforts of the entire
College community, and through excellence in teaching, scholarship,
practice and service, the Lindsey Wilson College Nursing Division
- Be the regional leader in providing an exceptional nursing
- Create the best possible environment for the individual growth
- Graduate students that are prepared for life and professional
nursing practice in a complex rapidly changing world and health
care environment, and
- Advance health at the local, regional and global arena through
scientific evidence and sound professional practice.
LWC Nursing Division Program Goals
- 90% of graduating BSN students will complete the program within
a three year period.
- 90% of students will indicate satisfaction with the LWC nursing
- 90% of the graduating students will achieve a passing score on
the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurses
(NCLEX-RN) during the first test.
- 90% of graduates desiring employment as a registered nurse will
be employed within one year of graduation.
- 90% of alumni will demonstrate satisfaction with their
undergraduate baccalaureate education.
- 90% of the surveys returned by employers will indicate
satisfaction with the performance of the LWC BSN program