September 13, 2014
Lindsey Wilson College
National Alumni Association
Alumni Council Meeting
September 13, 2014
Clark Reading Room of Katie Murrell
Carrie Farris, President
Ken Jessee, President Elect
Gary Lane, Immediate Past President
Randy Burns, Alumni Director
Jonathan Joseph, Guest
Harriet Reisman, Guest
- Welcome and Opening Prayer by President Carrie Farris.
- Minutes were approved from last meeting (July 15, 2014)
- Carrie and Randy updated the Council on informational items,
- Homecoming Weekend Schedule Reviewed and members were
encouraged to attend remaining Homecoming activities.
- Randy reviewed recent area alumni gatherings in Bowling Green
and Louisville. Both events had wonderful attendance with
over 60 in attendance in Bowling Green and over 70 in attendance in
- Blue Raider Classic Alumni and Friends Golf Scramble was
announced to take place on Oct. 4, 2014.
- Randy discussed possible travel destinations for the Blue
Raider Travel Club. At this time the most likely option seems
to be a trip to Boston, MA for 2015.
- Randy updated the council on the Alumni Walkway Endowed
- Current Value - $22, 277.50 (increased by $3332.25 since the
2013 annual meeting)
- Randy also introduced Jonathan Joseph, the recipient of the
2014/15 Alumni Walkway Endowed Scholarship. Jonathan is a Sr.
from Louisville, KY and is the president of the LWC SGA for the
second year in a row. He shared with the council that his LWC
experience has been exceptional and thanked them for their
- The next class to be inducted into the "Golden Alumni Society"
will be the class of '65.
- May 9, 2015 - Class of '65
- Randy shared with the Council plans for the upcoming
fundraising campaign, "Every Student - Every Day…..Every Donor
-These Two Days!" Dr. Allan Parnell, chairman of the board of
trustees at LWC has challenged alumni and friends of the
college. If the College can raise 250 gifts during a 48 hour
period on Oct. 21-22, Dr. Parnell will donate $25,000 to the
scholarship fund. Randy encouraged all alumni council members
to participate in the campaign.
- Old Business
- Randy updated the Council on the Alumni Association Cookbook
Online option. Allysa Gooden has led this project; however,
she was unable to attend the meeting. A web page is now in
place and recipes can be uploaded. Randy told the council he
would email the webpage to them so members can go online to do
- Randy updated the Council on the Walkway Campaign. It has
be tabled for the moment in order to not conflict with the upcoming
48 hour campaign and will coincide with the announcement of the
comprehensive capital campaign the College will launch in a the
- New Business
- The ballot was presented for the election of President Elect
and Secretary for the upcoming two year term (2015-16)
- Secretary Nominees
- Prudy Westholm '69 was elected unanimously on a yes/no
- President-Elect Nominees
- Allysa Gooden '08
- Jerald Bryant '94
- Jerald Bryant was elected as President-elect
- The Council then scheduled meeting dates for 2015
- Mid-Winter meeting will be held Jan. 28 at 12 pm CT in Cranmer
- Spring meeting will be held in conjunction with Founders Day on
April 23, 2015 at 2:30 pm CT in the Clark Reading Room of the Katie
- Mid-Summer meeting will be held on July 8 at 12 pm CT at
William T's in Columbia.
- Annual Meeting (Homecoming 2015 - Schedule not yet available)
- Motion by Charles Barnes to adjourn. Second by Ken
"Blue Raiders for Life"