Health Insurance FAQ's
Top Ten FAQ's about the Student Health
- If I get sick, can I just go to any doctor
that I want?
- Yes, as long as the provider you
choose is in the network.
- What if I am not at school and I get sick or
injured and need to see a doctor?
- If you become sick or injured when you are
away from school, just go to your family physician or nearest
hospital if needed (remember the provider you choose needs to be in
the network for the insurance company to pay the full
- If I go to the doctor, do I just give them
this card, and will everything be paid for?
- No, you will have a 20% co-pay, which will
need to be paid at the time of your visit (until you receive your
insurance card, you will have to pay up front and get reimbursed
when you receive your card). After your co-pay, then the insurance
company will pay the first $500.00 at a 100% if they approve the
- Will the doctor's office accept this
insurance plan through the school?
- Yes, this is a comprehensive health plan.
If the provider has a question about your eligibility for
insurance coverage, just have them call the Blue Raider Sports
Medicine and ask for Terri at 270-384-8238 or the Business Office
at 270-384-8011 to answer any questions they may have.
- Does my insurance pay for prescriptions if I
need to go to the pharmacy?
- Yes, you will be charge a 20% co-pay for
your prescriptions up front at the pharmacy (until you receive your
insurance card, you will have to pay full price for prescriptions,
then when you receive your card, you will be reimbursed up to your
20%). You will have a $500.00 limit which includes any
treatment you have for each sickness or accident you may have
including your prescription cost.
- A friend of mine has another student
insurance plan at another college, but it only covers him if he is
at school. Is this plan like that?
- No, this is a comprehensive health plan- it
covers you for one full year. It starts on August 1, 2016 and
will cover you until August 1, 2017. This insurance only
covers sickness only.
- If I forget to go and see the nurse or
athletic trainer, will my plan still cover me?
- Yes, you don't have to see the nurse for a
referral to see a doctor with our coverage this year as in the
- Does this plan cover dental and eye care?
- No, this sickness plan does not cover
routine dentistry or eye care. There is one provision with
the accident policy, that if your eyes or teeth are injured in an
accident, it will pay up to a $300.00 maximum per accident. (Each
full-time student is covered under the Lindsey Wilson College
Accident Policy). * See Accident Brochure
- If I lose my insurance coverage through a
personal plan or through a parent, can I pick up the school
- Yes, but only if your coverage has been
involuntarily terminated due to no fault of the insured student,
which includes coverage that terminates due to a loss of employment
by spouse or parent or if the student exceeds the age limit of a
- If I have another insurance plan, but I want
to get this plan, can I?
- Yes, you can. In this case, the school
insurance would become a "secondary" insurance coverage to your
personal coverage that you have at the time of admissions.
Your primary coverage will be billed first for services and
then the school insurance would be filed second. Many people
are considering this coverage, since this plan is relatively
inexpensive, and you can easily go over $285.00 in co-pays and
other costs if you have a serious illness.