Full-Time Job Postings
For Full-Time positions with Lindsey Wilson College,
please click here
To find out more about this job, go to:
Company: Central Kentucky News-Journal
Ad Expires: October 2, 2012
Job ID: 1422419
The Central Kentucky News-Journal, a twice-weekly newspaper in
Campbellsville, Ky., has an opening for a reporter/photographer.
The reporter/photographer shares responsibility for the total news
product of the paper with the publisher/editor and another
reporter, including direction, planning and organization of the
The successful applicant will be a multi-talented writer,
photographer and paginator/page designer. This person must be
dedicated to excelling at local coverage, identifying and producing
enterprise stories, and contributing to special sections. Must be
organized, deadline-conscious and a stickler for accuracy and
* B.A. degree or equivalent experience.
* One or more years of experience in the newspaper field;
journalism degree preferred. Experience may substitute for
* Expertise with InDesign and familiarity with Photoshop.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be an organized self-starter who can communicate with
and assist the news staff and others as needed.
* Possess time management and leadership skills and be able to work
well with others.
* Be able to meet and deal with the public on newspaper and
* Assist Publisher/Editor in directing day-to-day activities of the
editorial staff, pre-and post-editing of copy and
* Cover news and assigned local government beats and write feature
* Write regular columns and/or editorials.
* Plan, shoot and design photo essays.
* Generate and develop unique stories and/or photographs.
* Participate in production and pagination of newspaper pages,
including school news, obituaries and more.
* Participate in newspaper projects and take part in community
activities as time allows.
* Assist with planning and production of special sections.
Roughly 45 hours weekly, with some evening and weekend work
required at times.
Interested persons should apply to: Jeff Moreland,
Publisher, Central Kentucky News-Journal, firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at
JournalismJobs.com. Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com - (c)
* For more information on any of the
posting listed above, please contact Lindsey Wilson College Career
Services at email@example.com
Lindsey Wilson College's Career
Services Center makes no attempt to check the validity and accuracy
of job listings. The job opportunities shown on this website are
compiled based on a variety of resources. Given that situations
change rapidly in the marketplace, we do not and cannot guarantee
that openings listed through this site will still exist, as posted,
at the time of inquiry.
Lindsey Wilson College's Career Services Center makes no
representation or guarantee about positions listed and is not
responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects
of employment. It is each individual's responsibility to thoroughly
research the integrity of each organization to which he or she is
applying. As with any job posting/public forum, the applicant
should take all care and caution and exercise due diligence when
applying for or accepting any