Policies and Procedures
- Books are checked out for a period of three weeks.
- Video cassettes, DVDs and CDs are checked out for one
- Items may be renewed after their due dates. Items DO NOT have
to be brought to the Murrell Library to be renewed.
- The Murrell Library does not charge a daily overdue fee.
However, it bills the LWC Business Office each semster for items
not returned by one week after Finals.
Food & Drink Policy
- Drinks are permitted in secure containers -- i.e. screw-top
bottles, sports bottles.
- Food is not permitted in the Katie Murrell Library.
- All patrons are asked to respect those around by keeping noise
levels down. Cell phones should be turned to "Silent" and
headphones are to be used at a low volume level.
- The Katie Murrell Library is equipped to allow patrons to
wirelessly connect to the network.
- A limited number of laptops are available for in-house use by
LWC students. Laptops may be checked out for four hours and should
be returned 10 minutes prior to the library closing.
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
(Students are asked not to reserve rooms.)
- The Murrell Library does not routinely reserve rooms for groups
except under special circumstances.
- Preference is given to groups of students. Individuals may use
the rooms, but they may be asked to leave if a group needs it.
Instructional Lab Policy
- The lab is open for use by students as long as it is not
reserved for a class or a training session.
- All reservations are listed on the white board next to the
door. Please check before you enter.
- The printer for the lab is located at the circulation
- Library computers are designated for research, learning, and
classroom assignments. All uses must fall under the college's
"Acceptable Use Policy" published in the LWC Student
Click here to read the LWC Student Handbook.)
- If you are engaged in frivolous or excessive personal use of a
library computer and another student needs one for research or
class assignments, you may be asked to yield to that student.
- When using headphones, keep the level down so only you can hear
- When working at a library computer, please work quietly. Loud
laughter, shouting, and even normal conversational levels may be
disturbing to others who come to the library for a quiet study
Printing, Copying & Scanning
- At the beginning of every semester, students have $20 in their
printing account. Black and white prints cost $.10 per page and
color prints are $.20 per page. If a student's account runs out,
money can be added to the account by library staff or Students
- Color prints are available at select staff and circulation area
computers. If you want to print in color, please ask a staff
- Photocopies are $.10 per page.
- Please use only library-approved transparencies.
- The Katie Murrell Library has three scanners. They are
located at the Circulation Desk, the Reference Desk, and a table in
front of Government Documents. You must ask a staff member for
permission to use the unit behind the Circulation Desk.
Juvenile & Curriculum Room/Closed
- The Juvenile & Curriculum Room is a special collection,
restricted to use by education majors. It contains children's books
and curriculum materials. You must sign in when using the
- Closed Stacks contains back issues of newspapers and magazines.
It is restricted to Murrell Library staff. Should you need
material from closed stacks, a staff member will retrieve them for